- These specially trained dogs provide mobility assistance for individuals who are blind or visually impaired allowing them to travel safely from one place to another. They do this by navigating sidewalks, alerting to stairs, crossing streets safely and avoiding obstacles.
- Service dogs are specially trained to provide assistance to people with physical disabilities, from individuals who use wheelchairs for mobility to those requiring a steady four-legged partner to balance them as they walk.
- Social dogs are specially trained to work with a professional in the field of education, counseling, medicine, rehabilitation, retirement and specialty agencies. The dog must be calm, friendly and easily controlled by voice commands. The dogs are trained on how to approach and behave with children, adults, elderly and people in various forms of mobility equipment.
- KSDS, Inc. does not train dogs for seizure response or alert or hearing alert. If you are interested in finding an assistance dog in one of these areas, please contact Assistance Dogs International.
- If you are interested in obtaining an assistance dog from KSDS, but are not sure if you qualify, please give us a call at 785-325-2256 or email.
Puppy Raising Program:
- Puppy Raisers are a vital part to the success of any working team. They are responsible for socializing the puppy and teaching it basic and intermediate obedience.
- KSDS uses only Yellow and Black Labrador Retrievers and Golden Retrievers. KSDS has its own stringent breeding program. For more information, contact Jenna Petesch.